La Moto Powersports Superstore ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993, the agency collecting your information is La Moto Powersports Superstore.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our related service providers provide products and services to you
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers
- Suppliers and brands who provide goods and services within our store. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We use session cookies that allow you to be remembered within the website, so any page changes or item or data selection you do is recalled from page to page. This means that you don’t get asked the same information that you’ve already given to the site. These cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your surfing session.
We use tracking cookies. These help us to remember your information and settings when you visit our website in the future. This results in a faster and more convenient access and may enhance your experience of services or functions we offer. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them, or they expire (they have varying expiry dates, going up to two years). These cookies are also used to help us identify our web site visitors across external platforms such as Facebook where we engage in advertising practices which may be applicable to you.
We also use web analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure that users are finding what they need easily.
Our cookies do not keep personally identifiable information. None of the data we get from cookies will contain information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email, or any other means.
Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) if you have consented to be contacted in this way. We will always comply with applicable laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If at any time you would like to stop us contacting you in via electronic means, you can unsubscribe either by using the links in the emails that we send or by contacting us at La Moto Powersports Superstore,PO Box 5427 Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always comply with applicable law, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Customer Services, La Moto Powersports Superstore,PO Box 5427, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
Our policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you’ve received. Should you experience any problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access and correct information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of trade. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
2/6 Quay Street Auckland New Zealand
+64 21 628 627